Besides changing the tire, your vehicle will need oil changing every certain thousand miles depending on the application because it keeps the engine running smooth as well as making it last longer. For those who are looking for a high performance oil and are driving a gasoline engine, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Vs Royal Purple will be a very ideal option to consider. They are proven to improve a car’s engine but before deciding to go with one, go check which seems more promising below.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Why Using Engine Oil
- What are Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- Who can Use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- What are the Base of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- How are the Performance of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- How are the Lasting Power of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Vs Royal Purple
- 1 Engine Oil
- 2 About Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
- 3 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Application
- 4 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Base
- 5 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Performance
- 6 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Lasting Power
- 7 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum vs Royal Purple
- 8 Conclusion
Both driver and motorist are familiar with oil changes that should be done in an interval to make sure our vehicle will run smoothly and its frequency will be highly dependent on the application itself for the heavier the engine work and the more often they are being used, the shorter the interval will be. This routine care will cost you some budget but thankfully, engine or motor oil is not very expensive depending on the brand and the quality itself.
As good or as expensive your vehicle is, they will wear out and there will be time when you can’t drive them anymore. Engine oil is meant to prolong the life expectancy of your engine and many more, overall they will promote a great experience.
- The first and main reason why we need to use engine oil is to lubricate the parts. All of us know that your engine has lots of moving parts, pistons, valves, and other engine parts that move at a high rate of speed. These movements produce heat and the contact between metal will cause wear if not covered with some lubricant to prevent the friction from affecting the parts prominently and too quickly.
- The second reason why an engine oil must be used is to cool these components down. As the impact of those movements, there will be heat building up as well and maintaining clean, sufficient amounts of oil is great to reduce the heat from friction or to prevent overheating.
- As something that uses fuel and works relentlessly everyday, your engine will produce dirt as well and this is damaging for their longevity. Engine oil another function is to remove the wear particles and sludge or oil breakdown so our engine will stay clean. In addition changing filters will also help remove particles and sludge to keep your vehicle at top condition.
- Routine oil changing is also great for the engine performance because running on old oils will reduce its efficacy and when the engine has much residue, they will be less efficient in fuel consumption as well as reduce the horsepower. The U.S. Department of Energy says that your oil change will improve mileage by 1-2% over time which can be translated into an entire gallon of fuel per year.
With all of those benefits we can achieve just from changing the motor oil as needed, the effort doesn’t sound like a hassle anymore. However, changing oil can’t be done without paying attention to the vehicle’s needs for not all of them will be made for your engine. Depending whether you run on gasoline or diesel, and what rating they need, the oil option will vary as well thus, always refer to their manual book unless it is something like a heavily modified engine that sometimes can use diesel motor oil as well.
|Pennzoil Ultra Platinum||Royal Purple|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 8.3 x 4.6 inches||13 x 9.8 x 9.4 inches
|Item Weight||9.1 pounds||24.1 pounds
|Best Offer||click here||click here|
About Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple
But, besides the requirement, many of us who are driving everyday and chances will be changing the oil more often will also consider their price point for this can add up quite high depending on usage. Some people sacrifice performance for price but for those who are looking forward to driving their vehicles for many years to come, you will want to look for the middle ground where the price is still good but performance is not compromised either.
There are various engine oil brands in the market and you can choose any of them depending on the engine’s specification but, Pennzoil and Royal Purple are still two of the best choices you can go without having to worry about the quality. The common cause whenever owners are trying to change the oil is because the former one seems to reduce their driving experience and all 15W40 should be the same across brands yet, in real-life experience many are giving different results.
These two brands have a good history of always giving good quality products and seem to work well years after years with different generations of oils. For those who are driving a gasoline fueled engine and strive to maintain their vehicle’s health, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple will be a great choice. Both of them are specifically made for gasoline engines and already passed the API as well as ILSAC, to be used safely in your vehicles.
As a high performance oil none of them are going to be as affordable as for example Castrol GTX Magnatec Vs Edge but when it comes to performance, the oils are also often said to be a great option if you are not satisfied with those options. Especially for Royal Purple, this specific brand is often chosen for its longevity because we can replace the oil less frequently when using their products. This translates into convenience and cost efficiency in the long term if your vehicle typically needs oil change more than twice a year.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Application
For starter, the best engine or motor oil for your vehicle is those rated by API to meet the standard for this certain application and in this side, just like most oils out there, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple are exceeding the requirement for API SN, API SN Plus, ILSAC GF-5, Meets the requirement of Chrysler MS 6395, as well as Ford WSS-M2C946 while Pennzoil also meets Ford WSS-M2C919-A, WSS M2C946-B1, Honda/ Acura HTO-06, ACEA A1/B1, and A5/B5 with the later also gain certification to be used in General Motors dexos1 Gen 2.
The next point is deciding the oil rating and in this example we are using the popular high performance 5W30 which can be a great choice for those who will be driving in a colder temperature as the oil will retain its fluidity even under cold weather. In addition you can always opt for another rating such as 0W20, 5W20, or 10W30 depending on your car’s manual.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Base
While deciding the best oil based on the manual book is easy and quick, we always want something better as a customer and another factor that plays a huge role when people choosing their engine oil is the base. All oils are made from some base and this is divided by 5 classes which is very complicated as manufacturers don’t really disclose the true information behind their products. Full synthetic is always hailed as the best option, derived from natural gas while group III is from petroleum.
Both of these oils, chances are a mixed of few different groups of base yet Pennzoil will be most likely to be group III or III+ and while this is not as attractive for some people, this brand do have a very good quality base compared to cheaper oils. This is the similar base used by Royal Purple because while some heard that they are group IV or even V, in fact this oil is group III which makes both of them have many similarities in character.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Performance
We personally are not purist and don’t pay much attention to what type of base manufacturers use as long as it is clearly stated as conventional or synthetic to ease the option and matched with the vehicle’s requirement. For this part, none of these engine oil will give you a bad experience because they are equally performing good and for those previously using cheaper oil, moving to these options will prominently improve the engine, making them run smoother.
Using the interchangeably may not produce any noticeable difference but people seem to have different experiences as well and some may feel like Pennzoil makes their vehicle runs quieter while the cost itself is much more convenient to purchase. Overall they are great if you previously use convenient oil or cheaper options for the performance advance will be more prominent.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Royal Purple Lasting Power
The last part we want to talk about is their wear or lasting ability and here, Royal Purple is the better option. They do prove that we only need to change the oil twice a year because in most cases you can go well up to 12000 mile while the Ultra Platinum mostly stays up to 10000 in different vehicles. Using Royal Purple will reduce the frequency to change the oil but it is not by a great distance to make up the price gap.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum vs Royal Purple
These oils will be a satisfying option to improve your cars or trucks performance especially if you have previously used conventional or cheaper oils. They are made from a similar base with Pennzoil being made from natural gas and some people categorized it as group III+ yet in quality these brands have two of the best base oils. The prominent difference seems to be on longevity as Royal Purple seems to last with further distance.
Overall these are good quality oil for those using gasoline engines but compared to each other, they do have the same level of performance and with quite a price gap, we recommend to get Pennzoil Ultra Platinum as it is cheaper but goes well at around 10k to be cost efficient.